Sifrei Torah Saved From Ashdod Fire


B’chasdei Shamayim, no injuries were reported in a fire that broke out in the Belz Beit Aryeh beis knesses in Ashdod; the sifrei Torah were saved from the flames as well, Arutz Sheva reported.

An electrical short in an air conditioner in the women’s section of the mobile structure caused the fire. Many sifrei kodesh and the structure itself were seriously damaged.

No one was in the synagogue when the fire broke out. Passersby and neighbors who noticed the flames coming out of the beis knesses rushed in to rescue the sifrei Torah. The fire department was alerted, and they promptly arrived to extinguish the fire.

To Read The Full Story

Are you already a subscriber?
Click to log in!