Israeli Toddler Dies After Being Electrocuted

YERUSHALAYIM -
View of the Soroka Medical Center in Be’er Sheva. (Miriam Alster/FLASH90)

A three-year-old child passed away in southern Israel on Friday morning after receiving a lethal electric shock. Magen David Adom paramedics arrived at the scene and performed CPR, but, unfortunately, the child died upon arrival at the Soroka Medical Center in Be’er Sheva.

According to the Beterem child safety organization, 12 children have died in Israel this year after getting electrocuted. Four of them were from the Bedouin sector.

Later on Friday, a one-year-old child was also hospitalized in Lod, after getting burnt by a boiling hot beverage. The baby suffered second-degree burns to the chest and is in moderate condition. After receiving initial medical care in Lod, the baby was transferred to the Sheba Medical Center in Ramat Gan.