Fire Tears Through Boro Park Home

By Hamodia Staff

BORO PARK — Firefighters rescued people from a third-story window as a fire tore through a Boro Park home Friday morning, leaving five people hospitalized.

The fire began around 6:20 a.m. on the second floor, and spread to the third floor, of a three-story home on 60th Street between 18th and 19th Avenues. The Stavnitzer Rav and his son-in-law live on those floors, above the Stavnitzer shul on the first floor.

The Stavnitzer Rav had just made a wedding for one of his children Thursday night.

Video from the scene shows firefighters rescuing people from a third-story window as smoke pours out.

Five people were hospitalized with smoke inhalation: three were sent to Maimonides Medical Center and quickly discharged; two were sent to Cornell and intubated, and are expected to be extubated on Shabbos.

FDNY says the fire was under control at 7:27 a.m.

Readers are asked to daven for the refuah sheleimah of Baruch Avraham ben Hesa and Yehudah Tzvi ben Esther Sarah besoch she’ar cholei Yisrael.

To Read The Full Story

Are you already a subscriber?
Click to log in!