A gas explosion was reported at a shul in Yerushalayim’s Bayit Vegan neighborhood on Tuesday evening.
Five Fire and Rescue Service units have arrived at the scene and are searching for people who might be hurt or trapped inside the three-story building, which houses a shul and wedding hall.
It was suspected that the explosion occurred as a result of a gas leak on the first floor, where the wedding hall is located.
The explosion caused extensive damage to the structure, and there was a concern that it might collapse. An engineer specializing in endangered structures was summoned for an assessment.
Three people were taken to the hospital suffering from shock, but no other injuries were reported.