The lower level of the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge will be closed Staten Island-bound to motorists from 12:01 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 29, for the annual TD Five Boro Bike Tour. The Bike Tour was rescheduled for August due to the pandemic.
The upper level of the bridge will remain open in both directions throughout the event.
Other closures associated with the bike tour will include:
- The Bay Street and Lily Pond Road exits from the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Trinity Place exit from the Hugh L. Carey Tunnel, from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Robert F. Kennedy Bridge Manhattan-bound exit ramp to the FDR Drive, from 7:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- One Brooklyn-bound lane on the lower level of the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Westbound Gowanus Expressway from the Hugh L. Carey Tunnel, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (motorists will be able to access the Hamilton Av exit).
- The Staten Island-bound Gowanus/BQE approach to the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge, from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Motorists should expect delays and allow extra travel time.