Online Applications Available for Entry Permits of Israeli Relatives

The offices of the Interior Ministry. (Nati Shohat/Flash90)

As has been reported, relatives of Israeli citizens may now obtain permission to enter Israel. However, until now, this has involved an exhaustive process of applying via consulates and embassies around the world.

In recent days, Chaim V’Chessed reports, it has been possible for Israel-based relatives to apply for permission for their relatives to enter the country at Misrad Hapnim offices in Israel. However, the Misrad Hapnim locations, too, have been overwhelmed and people have been forced to wait many hours in long lines.

According to Chaim V’Chessed, a dedicated email has now been established for these applications. Via this email, Israeli relatives may apply for their foreign relatives to enter Israel. At the current time, this is only being offered to residents of Yerushalayim.

The email is:

Attach the following documents to your application:

  • Copy of the passport/teudat zehut of the first-degree Israeli relative
  • Copy of passports of the first-degree relative abroad (applicant)
  • Proof of relationship between the applicant and the relative residing in Israel. (Marriage certificates of foreign spouses of Israeli citizens and birth certificates of minor children of an Israeli citizen parent must be apostilled.)

For a foreign parent visiting a minor child living in Israel:

  • Photocopy of passport of the Israeli child
  • The child’s birth certificate, verified with an apostille stamp
  • Custody agreement for the minor
  • These affidavits filled out separately for each applicant
  • Proof of health insurance valid in Israel with a clause clearly stating coverage for COVID-19
  • Documentation of recovery or vaccination certificate for all applicants, including children

To Read The Full Story

Are you already a subscriber?
Click to log in!