Explosions were heard on Tuesday night in the northern Gaza Strip, caused by an Israeli air force strike, according to unconfirmed reports.
The IDF has closed off areas near the border to civilian traffic, according to media reports.
Prime Minister Netanyahu said earlier that he won’t allow the next installment of $15 million of Qatari funds into the Gaza Strip, according to a source familiar with the decision.
“In the wake of the recent events in the Gaza Strip and after consultations with the security services, Prime Minister Netanyahu decided not to allow the transfer tomorrow of the Qatari funds to the Gaza Strip,” the source said.
The infusion of cash into the Hamas enclave is aimed at stabilizing the volatile situation and preventing further violence.