Foreign Ministry: No Israelis Killed or Wounded in London Attacks

YERUSHALAYIM -
Armed British police officers walk within a cordoned off area after an attack at the London Bridge area in London, Sunday. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)

Israel stands by the side of Britain in its hour of mourning, Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan said Sunday morning. “We stand with Britain and with London in its fight against terror,” he said in a social media post. “This attack was aimed not only at Britain, but against the values of the West and of democracy. This is the time for a worldwide pact against terror.”

The Foreign Ministry said that to its knowledge, no Israelis had been killed or wounded in the incidents in London Saturday night. The Ministry advised Israelis to exercise the usual caution and avoid crowded areas, and to cooperate with local authorities as needed.

Six people were killed and over 30 people were wounded in a series of incidents that British authorities have labeled terror attacks. The attacks, in which a van driving at high speed mowed down pedestrians on the London Bridge, and terrorists stabbed people at the nearby Borough Market, was the third major terror incident in Britain this spring. A van driven by a terrorist ran into people in late March on the Westminster Bridge, killing four people, and just last month 22 people were killed at a Manchester concert, in an attack Islamic State took credit for.