Man Shot in Head at Sarona Released from Hospital

YERUSHALAYIM -

Assaf Bar, 27, from Haifa, who survived two bullets to the head in the Sarona Market attack in Tel Aviv last week was released from the hospital on Tuesday and was expected to make a full recovery, The Times of Israel said.

Doctors decided not to remove one of the bullets from Bar’s head, which penetrated less than one inch from the back and poses no immediate danger. The other bullet, which entered behind his ear, was extracted by surgeons soon after the attack last Wednesday night.

Bar was reported in good condition after the surgery, and on Tuesday, he was discharged.

He said that he does still suffer from “some headaches and problems hearing, but every day I feel a little stronger and hope to keep up that pattern.”

Bar had finished eating dinner with a friend and was getting ready to leave, when the terrorists suddenly opened fire.

Bar’s mother died several weeks ago of cancer. On Monday night, his father told Israeli media “we thought we would be thrust back into the mourning cycle again, but thank G-d we’re standing here with Assaf.”