On Sunday, May 1, traffic on and around the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge will be affected by closings for the annual TD Five Boro Bike Tour, according to the MTA.
Motorists should be advised:
The Staten Island-bound lower level of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge will be closed from 12:01 a.m. until 6 p.m. Sunday. The upper level of the bridge will remain open in both directions throughout the event.
Motorists should expect delays and allow extra travel time. To hear information about all the Verrazano-Narrow Bridge bike tour closures, call 718 556-8010.
Other closings at the Verrazano-Narrows will include:
· One Brooklyn-bound lane on the lower level from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· The Bay Street exit from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· BQE approach (I-278 West) to the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· The 92nd Street entrance ramp to the Staten Island-bound lower level from approximately 12:01 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Belt Parkway entrance ramp to the Staten Island-bound lower level from approximately 12:01 a.m. to 6 p.m.
In addition, traffic exiting the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel in Brooklyn will be diverted to Hamilton Avenue between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., and the Trinity Place exit in Manhattan will also be closed between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Furthermore, the ramp to the FDR Drive from the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge will be closed between 7:45 a.m. and Noon. All Manhattan-bound traffic must exit at 125th Street.