Baby OK After Being Given Dog Medicine


A Petach Tikvah woman was a bit confused – and a great deal concerned – after she administered the wrong medicine to her infant. Baruch Hashem, there will be no long-term consequences as a result of the error – in which the woman gave her baby a teaspoon of medicine meant for the family dog.

The story came to light when a police officer earlier Thursday noticed a woman running down the street in a panic, holding a baby. The officer asked the woman what was wrong, and when she told him the problem, he immediately turned on his siren and rushed the woman to Schneider Children’s Hospital in Petach Tikvah.

The baby was immediately admitted to the emergency room, and was examined from head to toe – with doctors finding that nothing untoward had resulted from the error.

“A woman accidentally administered the wrong medicine to her baby, but it turns out that even though it was prescribed by a veterinarian for the family pet, the medicine is actually safe for human consumption as well,” the hospital said in a statement. “The infant is in fine condition, and has been released.”

With that, the hospital said, “parents need to pay attention to the medicines they administer to their children, to ensure that the correct medication in the proper dose is provided.”

To Read The Full Story

Are you already a subscriber?
Click to log in!