A one-year-old baby perished in a fire in the Geulah neighborhood of Yerushalayim on Thursday.
The tragic event occurred when a fire broke out in an apartment on Tzefania Street at about 6:30 p.m.
A preliminary report indicated that the blanket in which the baby was wrapped caught fire when a portable heater next to the bed malfunctioned.
The horrified parents discovered what had happened and immediately called for help. United Hatzalah and Magen David Adom crews arrived at the apartment too late to save the child.