Trial Postponed in Etan Patz Missing-Boy Case

NEW YORK -

A New York murder trial for a suspect in one of the country’s most prominent missing-child cases is being postponed for months as psychiatric exams and other preparations continue, The Associated Press reported. Pedro Hernandez, who has confessed to the 1979 murder of six-year-old Etan Patz but then said it was false and prompted by mental illness, had been tentatively set to go on trial in April. But a judge said Wednesday he now anticipates the trial starting in September.