Kansas Family Sues NJ Co. on Electrical Death

SALINA, Kan. -

The family of an 11-year-old Kansas girl who died after being electrocuted while playing in the rain filed a lawsuit against the New Jersey company that made the electrical box, The Salina Journal reported. Jaden Hicks died in December after she fell onto the box during a thunderstorm in May. The lawsuit claims the box made by Hope Electrical Products of New Jersey was faulty and seeks unspecified damages for medical care, burial costs and other expenses.