Stark Family Ups Award For Killer Arrest to $25K

BROOKLYN -

The family of Reb Menachem Stark, Hy”d, on Monday upped the award for information leading to the killer to $25,000, with family members pleading for the public’s aid at a Williamsburg press conference.

“A blossoming tree that has been cut to branches!” said Rabbi Moshe Dovid Niederman, who stood outside Mr. Stark’s sister’s house. “Children do not have a father! A wife does not have a husband! Why? What did he do?”

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams offered $10,000 at a press conference at Borough Hall on Sunday, a sum boosted to $25,000 by Rabbi Niederman, executive director of the United Jewish Services of Williamsburg.

“We beg you, whoever knows anything or thinks they know anything, please for your own sake, for the sake of your brothers and sisters, citizens of New York City, the human race, come forward,” said Rabbi Niederman, who was flanked by Councilman Steve Levin (D-Williamsburg) and several of Mr. Stark’s brothers-in-law.

Avrohom Buxbaum, one of the brothers-in-law, started to speak but was too overcome by grief, according to the Daily News.

“Menachem is sorely missed by all of us, and his loss is a tragedy,” he said earlier in a statement. “While we mourn, we also demand justice.”